We are seeking well-versed, Food & Beverage professionals for the position of Server at Rail Stop Restaurant & Bar! This position will be responsible for preparing for service, serving the guest with professionalism while having fun and being friendly. The Server will provide menu descriptions and anticipate the guest’s needs.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of experience in a Full-Service, Upscale Restaurant, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage experience.
Preferably TIPS Certified
- Assist with greeting the guest and creating a memorable first impression.
- Provide detailed menu descriptions of all menu items, ensuring accurate orders are taken.
- Inquire throughout the meal about the guest’s experience.
- Full knowledge of all wines, beers and cocktails, with the ability to make recommendations.
- Adhere to the proper cash handling procedures, obtaining payment and settling all charges.
- Communicate daily specials and specialty menu items to the guest.
- Completion of all opening and closing side work, cleaning checklists and duties related to the shift.
- Participate in daily staff meetings and departmental training meetings.
- Ability to stand for 8’ hours length of time.
- Ability to walk/stand approximately 90% of shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuous basis.
- Ability to upsell menu items.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of food & beverage service.
- Requires good communication; both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English Language. A second language is desirable.
- Familiarity with industry relevant Point of Sales systems.
- Ability to practice and adhere to all safety requirements.
- Work will primarily take place in the Restaurant, all back of house areas, and Food & Beverage service areas.
- Interior and Exterior of the Restaurant, exposure to sun, heat, cold and changing weather conditions.
The Beauport Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.