We are seeking a passionate food & beverage professional to join our team at Rail Stop Restaurant & Bar. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with guests in our restaurant & bar area and booking events. The ideal candidate will possess a strong passion for elevating the guest’s dining experience, while acting as the liaison between the Kitchen and the Dining Room to truly provide top notch service.
Must have at least one (1) or more years of strong Event Sales, Food & Beverage supervisory and/or Management experience in a Full-Service Restaurant, casual/upscale dining preferred.
- Meet with potential clients for tour and consultation of their event.
- Ascertain their precise event requirements, including event-type, budget, number of guests, etc.
- Organize and assist with conducting pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating information to the team members, such as menu changes.
- Assist with scheduling team members, to ensure proper coverage is maintained to uphold service standards.
- Accurately execute all policies with improvement to quality, service, and operations.
- Engage in ongoing development of the front of the house team, while holding the team accountable for maintaining standards.
- Must be present on the floor during peak business periods, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Create an environment of engagement for team members, while being a liaison between team members and management.
- Practice and ensure cleanliness and safety in all dining areas, liquor and wine storage areas.
- Monitor employee performance and issues, to effectively coach and counsel team members.
- Assistant the Restaurant Management Team with any other assignments as needed.
- Assist the Restaurant Management team in leading the daily operation of the restaurant, while directing day-to-day activities, booking events and assignments of the front of the house team.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with maximum efficiency, accuracy, and full attention to detail
- Requires a working knowledge of Full-Service restaurant operations.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office and knowledge of industry relevant Point of Sale Systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Ability to stand for 10 hours’ length of time
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
The Beauport Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.