Puritan & Company is located in Cambridge’s Inman Square. It serves a Modern American cuisine, with an emphasis on traditional New England fare (not without occasional excursions into other ethnic styles). Ingredients sourced from local farms they know. There’s always a sense of fun. Led by chef/owner Will Gilson, the team brings a mix of culinary and beverage experience to offer quality food, local beers, and wine from independent makers worldwide. The space is casual. They aim to share their excitement about their food and wine. Guests and their friends should feel comfortable in the friendly environment.
The ideal candidate is a driven self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who is passionate about anything food & beverage, guest hospitality, talent development, team building, and people culture champion. They enjoy being part of a start-up environment and are committed to being a team player. Must have the ability to positively lead others by practicing professionalism, excellence, kindness, and hospitality toward teammates and guests while multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads. They should have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business, have keen financial acumen, excellent leadership skills, eagerness to ask questions, an abundance of creative energy, have an eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards.
The candidate will be providing direction and leadership for Puritan & Company. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring high guest satisfaction and an exceptional dining experience, leading the restaurant and staff in achieving the operational and financial goals, managing the performance, and maintaining the facilities in accordance with Puritan & Company’s service standards.
- Provide leadership and instill a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Lead the restaurant to meet or exceed financial projections and margin objectives set forth by ownership and senior leadership
- Manage and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated responsibilities in sales, costs, employee retention, food & beverage, private events, cleanliness, and sanitation
- Implement overall food & beverage strategy that aligns with organizational policies and goals
- Develop and recommend the annual budget, marketing plans, and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Monitor and analyze cost center financial performance and contribution to the restaurant’s profitability
- Implement and maintain F&B marketing and other marketing activities and restaurants programming initiatives
- Hire, train, empower, coach, and counsel staff while executing performance and salary reviews
- Manage payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory, and budget for the restaurant
- Implement procedures to increase guest and employee satisfaction
- Understand all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs for the restaurant
- Perform purchasing and inventory responsibilities on a daily/weekly basis
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Continually strive to develop the staff in all areas of managerial and professional development
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests
- At least 7-10 years of progressive management experience in a hotel or restaurant experience.
- Startup/opening of hotels and restaurants experience preferred
- Service-oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Detail-oriented, excellent prioritization, time management, organizational, and follow up skills
- Demonstrated ability for process excellence and project management
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, and Employment Legislation
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business
- Comfortable with Toast POS, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Mac OS
Compensation: Salary ($70,000.00 – $100,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts