FULL TIME year-round — PRIVATE CHEF in BOSTON/Osterville (CAPE COD)
Family of four, 2 adults and 2 teens,
Lunch and Dinner with pre-made breakfast items left for grab and go
Chef Requirements: Must have 5 years in related capacity; provided with references
• Boston Area-based; housing only provided in Osterville
• Boston (Sept – June) —- Osterville (June – August)
Work Schedule: 5 day/week, Weekend work in Summer
– Typically, Wednesday – Sunday but with some flexibility
• Fall, Winter, Spring:
– Either Monday – Friday or Tuesday – Saturday, pending dinner parties
– Prepared breakfast items, grab and go snacks, soups or bone broth, family dinner. dinners with guests maybe once per week or less
Cuisine: Overall Ideal chef…..
– Has Knowledge of/interest in nutrition as well as food preparation
– Sources produce and grains organically, and locally, wherever possible
– Employer Prefers grass-fed beef, wild fish, free range chicken and eggs, free range turkey
– preference for local when relevant
– Uses only healthy oils – olive, avocado
– Prefers to cook creatively and healthfully, but still with lots of flavor
– One female adult is Gluten-free.
– The rest of the family loves freshly baked breads, cookies, muffins, etc.
• Family grows lots of veggies & fruits that for pickling and making seasonal food products – cucumbers, radish, carrots, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.
• Grow to store potatoes, sweet potatoes and other root vegetables which store well in a root cellar.
• Cooperative position in an active family atmosphere
Cuisine styles –Meal types
– Mediterranean, India, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Italian and Mexican are preferred
– Also love soups, and freshly made pastas and pizza
If interested please send your resume to the email address provided below.