Housed in the stately limestone building that was once home to the city’s police headquarters, Loews Boston Hotel offers an unforgettable blend of historic charm, sophistication and authentic New England style. Welcome to Boston’s Badge of Hospitality.
Join their exceptional team!
Work for a company that lives by its values of Serving with Integrity and truly Caring about Each Other. They are seeking a Restaurant General Manager for Precinct Kitchen + Bar (PK+B), an approachable kitchen and bar focused on classic Boston cuisine. Both food and drink are approached in a familiar way that celebrate Boston’s heritage, while expanding on tradition.
Offering Boston favorites and classic cocktails, the menu plays off of beloved standards while innovating with a contemporary approach. Housed in the historic Police Headquarters on Berkeley Street, the restaurant is a true celebration of Boston’s past and culinary future.
Utilizing many local and regional products, Precinct is proud to partner with some of the best artisan purveyors. The kitchen uses meat, produce, and dairy from many local, small batch farms and is honored to serve these truly local products.
A passion for amazing food and genuine hospitality are an absolute must. The Restaurant General Manager will be expected to perform operational duties including inventory, scheduling, planning & organizing and development of their teams. They should have strong communication skills and be able to adhere and follow through with all company policies and procedures.
This is a full time salaried position and will require weekends and holidays.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages restaurant operations to include maintaining restaurant staffing levels so as to provide for optimal performance
- Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of PK+B to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of service, inventory control
- Personally supervises PK+B activities to ensure quality production/delivery of product/service
- Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience
- Prepares all department storeroom requisitions, ensures operational costs are kept within forecasted budgetary guidelines
- Reviews daily payroll report, controls daily labor costs by reducing staff as business activity diminishes
- Communicates daily with Executive Chef or Sous Chef in charge, providing current information on reservations, large parties or VIP’s expected
- Interviews, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines departmental personnel according to Loews standards
- Follows New Hire Training and ongoing Star Service Competency program in accordance with hotel policy
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same
- Coaches, counsels, retrains employees as needed to ensure superior levels of performance
- Evaluates changes in guest needs, the hotels guest mix and industry competitive set, to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes necessary to ensure guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining market dominance and exceptional financial performance
- Visible and working the floor of the restaurant during peak food service times while maintaining constant communication with the bar and room service
- Other duties as assigned
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
- Promotes and applies teamwork skill at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Remains current with restaurant and hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- Addresses guests by their names at all times
- Associate of Science degree or higher in Hospitality or Food Service management desired
- Thorough knowledge of all matters related to the proper administration of “up-scale” food service operations
- 3-5 years’ restaurant management experience in hotel or free standing “quality” restaurant operation
- Union experience a plus
- Certification as ”Food Service Manager” or other as required by State County or Local regulations or ability to obtain such certification
- Ability to maintain effective operating and control processes designed to provide maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established guest satisfaction criteria
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
To apply, click on the link below or send an email to the address provided.