Prairie Fire is hiring a Sous Chef to join their management team!
Located in Brookline’s Coolidge Corner, Prairie Fire features local, seasonal foods, a great beverage program and a wood-fired oven centered behind the bar. Their menu includes hand-made pastas, wood-fired vegetables and pizzas as well as an extensive pantry of house pickles and ferments.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
They are seeking someone who is a positive thinker, has a drive for excellence and the willingness to work hard every day for yourself and your teammates. The position requires great passion for technique and a desire to continue learning. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Contributing to a positive culture through leadership and coaching
- Managing daily kitchen operations including food preparation and execution with and through their kitchen team
- Maintain organization, sanitation, proper food handling and storage amongst the team
- Food ordering
- Meat & fish butchering, breakdown and portioning
- Pasta and bread making
The other details:
- They pay competitively (and the highest wages they are able). This position offers a starting base salary of $50,000 and is negotiable based on experience. In addition to base salary they offer health benefits, paid vacation, a uniform/clothing stipend and an education stipend.
- They are accessible by the T at the Coolidge Corner stop of the green-line trolley and there is also ample parking available.
Prairie Fire is an award-winning restaurant, independently owned, and operated by Dan Kerrigan and Chef Brendan Joy. They have a sister restaurant, Steel & Rye, in the Lower Mills neighborhood of Milton. The restaurant serves a dynamic and diverse guest demographic from Brookline, Boston and beyond. They offer a fun, challenging, and respectful workplace.
To apply, submit your resume and a brief note to Chef Brendan Joy via email at the address below!