Prairie Fire in Coolidge Corner is seeking an Assistant General Manager to work directly with the General Manager to develop and build a front of house team during an exciting new chapter at the restaurant.
At Prairie Fire, they offer simple yet thoughtful food that is meaningful to the region, sourcing great local New England ingredients. A large wood-burning oven provides the foundation for their menu, with food focusing on wood oven sourdough pizza, charred vegetables, whole roasted meats & fish, and handmade pastas. They are a neighborhood restaurant, and what they do both in their kitchen and for their guests is always driven with the effort to contribute and support the local community in Brookline.
They are currently renovating the restaurant, with an anticipated reopening in June. With a reinvigorated purpose, they look forward to welcoming back the Coolidge Corner & Brookline community through their doors, with the goal of being an essential neighborhood dining location for guests in Brookline for years to come.
The ideal candidate has a personal love for service, fun, food, beverage, and learning. They have high standards for themselves and their staff, and are excited to collaborate/learn with Prairie Fire’s General Manager through this reopening process. To join the team, you should have a determined spirit, be a good communicator, and have a drive for excellence and the willingness to work hard every day for your guests, your teammates, and yourself. Qualified candidates will have prior experience leading a team, and at least two years of previous restaurant management experience/training in a high quality food & beverage establishment.
General responsibilities of this role include:
- Working as a Floor Manager for all designated meal period services.
- Working directly with the GM to achieve the financial goals of the restaurant.
- Opening & closing the restaurant
- Leading staff pre-shift meetings
- Assisting in new employee training
- Managing reservations and floor plan preparation
- Strong food & beverage knowledge as well as a desire to continue learning
- An absolute passion for hospitality!
Schedule & Compensation:
- 5 days per week, including evenings and weekends
- 50% coverage of their employee-sponsored health insurance plan
- Paid vacation
- Clothing and education allowance
Base salary is competitive and based on experience.
The restaurant is accessible by the T located on the “C-Line” branch of the Green Line. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Ricky Czachor at the email provided below.