Posto Bedford is seeking an experienced hospitality professional to fill the role of General Manager on their front of the house team!
Posto Bedford is located at 158 Great Road in the Bedford Marketplace. They are open for indoor dining, takeout & delivery 7 days a week and will be adding an outdoor patio in the front for the summer season. With the added challenges of Covid-19 in the restaurant industry, it is even more important to ensure that they are training their employees thoroughly and enforcing standards & policies for everyone’s safety, and to provide an enjoyable and memorable dining experience for guests. The General Manager is essential in this process of onboarding new employees, overseeing training, and ensuring standards are met on a daily basis.
The General Manager will have a variety of responsibilities ranging from hiring & employee development to product training, ordering FOH supplies, managing labor & operating costs, and hands on involvement with the day-to-day operation of the restaurant.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities:
- an unwavering dedication towards developing a restaurant culture rooted in hospitality, education and employee development
- desire to mentor the front of the house team to develop their strengths while coaching them on areas for further improvement
- ability to train and motivate a staff of approximately 25 employees
- desire to challenge oneself and explore new and creative ways to provide a greater level of service to guests
- an analytical approach towards day to day responsibilities ranging from ordering, receiving, scheduling, and general restaurant planning
- a contagious passion for the hospitality industry that reflects the values of our company’s service model
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a successful restaurant group and continue to build momentum as they reopen after hibernating for the winter. Covid-19 has allowed us a unique opportunity to run with new ideas, reinvent the wheel and bring joy and great food to people during a time of limited personal interaction. If that sounds fun and rewarding to you, they want to hear from you!