Post 390 is a large and bustling restaurant in the heart of Back Bay consisting of two floors of seating with two distinct styles. On the first floor, you have the Urban Tavern. It is a casual, fun, loud lounge consisting of high top and low tops with a large bar. The menu features house made charcuterie, fresh local oysters, sharable plates and moderate entrees. Upstairs, you will find the main dining room offering a more traditional dining style featuring our dinner and Farm to Post menus.
Post 390 is seeking a bar back with previous bar backing experience. This is a full time position and a mixture of day/night/weekend/holiday availability is a must.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist the bartender with opening and closing duties such as restocking the bar with garnishes, napkins, straws
- Ensuring the bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, beer and soda.
- Ensuring the bar has clean bar towels and glassware
- Assisting the bartenders in keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware and dining plateware, and emptying trash receptacles
- Being familiar with menu items on all food menus and all cocktail recipes
- Assist with the bar prep of making syrups and batching recipes
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Ability to speak to guests and team members in a courteous, friendly and professional manner
- Observant, strong organizational skills, self-motivation to accomplish daily job duties
- Responsible and punctual
- Ability to meet all physical requirements that include walking, standing and lifting heavy items.
This is an excellent opportunity for a bar back to gain extensive knowledge working with a company that is an industry leader in the Boston area and developing his/her career in the hospitality industry. Post 390 is a busy restaurant offering a new challenge every day and the opportunity to work with a great team.