Part Time ~ 10-20 hours / week, $12-$16/hour
Commissary Kitchen Staff for Plant Bites Consumer Product Goods
About Plant Bites:
They are dedicated to creating whole food plant based vegan energy products for athletes and individuals all over the world – to inspire prioritizing health while also getting the added benefit of athletic performance. They’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Reports To: The line cook will report to the kitchen manager while working in conjunction with the other individuals working on the kitchen staff.
Job Overview: They will safely and efficiently operate standard kitchen equipment to assist the kitchen manager and other line cooks in creating packaged goods for Plant Bites.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently (stove top, commercial sized mixer, commercial sized food processor, commercial sized oven…etc.).
• Assist with cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment (including correct and compliant cleaning and sanitation responsibilities).
• Set up and stock kitchen stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for packaged goods (e.g. measuring ingredients, sifting flour, sautéing ingredients, baking, cutting and cooling).
• Cook and package Plant Bite products in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and had at least some high school education
• Food and Beverage experience is preferred but not necessary
• Has decent organizational skills
• Must have a means of transportation to and from the Commissary
• Has a passion for health food and the Plant Bites mission!