Plant Bites is looking for a Head Chef
Part Time ~ 10-30 hours / week, $14-$18/hour depending on experience Boston, MA
Commissary Kitchen Staff for Plant Bites Consumer Product Goods
About Plant Bites:
Plant Bites is dedicated to creating whole food plant based vegan energy products for athletes and individuals all over the world – to inspire prioritizing health while also getting the added benefit of athletic performance.
Reports To: The head chef will report to Izzy – the owner and founder of Plant Bites who will oversee kitchen operations while working with a team of line cooks. The head chef will be responsible for ensuring line cooks are manufacturing the product to the best ability to ensure the customers experience.
Job Overview: They will safely and efficiently operate standard kitchen equipment to create packaged goods for Plant Bites while overseeing and leading a group of Line Cooks.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversee and help train a staff of line cooks.
• Ensure product quality is top notch.
• Provide health and safety guidance to the kitchen team.
• Ensure cleanliness and sanitation duties are in line with health department standards.
• Help Izzy develop and create an efficient kitchen process.
• Provide feedback to Izzy on ingredients, flavors, and offer creative advice with startup growth.
• Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently (stove top, commercial sized mixer, commercial sized food processor, commercial sized oven…etc.).
• Assist with cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment (including correct and compliant cleaning and sanitation responsibilities).
• Set up and stock kitchen stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for packaged goods (e.g. measuring ingredients, sifting flour, sautéing ingredients, baking, cutting and cooling).
• Cook and package Plant Bite products in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have attended an accredited Cooking School or Cooking Program
• Food and Beverage leader experience is preferred but not necessary
• Has ServSafe or equivalent training – if not, must take before starting.
• Has decent organizational skills
• Must have a means of transportation to and from the Commissary
• Has a passion for health food and the Plant Bites mission!
Plant Bites is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.