Petit Robert Bistro is looking for a sous chef to support and assist the Executive Chef in the daily operations of the kitchen, particularly as it relates to managing the culinary and stewarding staff, meeting food consistency and quality standards, while meeting financial and other objectives.
Potential Chef de Cuisine position
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support kitchen staff.
- Oversee and direct food production in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with others to develop new menu items, create and test recipes.
- Ensure that all food products are consistently prepared and served according to recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Manage and hold others accountable for food safety, food handling, and sanitation requirements.
- Train, develop and evaluate staff with regard to proper use of standard kitchen equipment and tools, techniques and skills, to include the methods of
- cooking, garnishes, and portion sizing.
- Maintain kitchen at the level necessary to meet/exceed the company standards for quality, service, and cleanliness by personal inspection and following
- kitchen’s preventative maintenance program.
- Responsible for kitchen inventories including food, beverage, glass, china, supplies, chemicals, equipment, and tools.
- Attend daily/regular meetings such as BEO, AM Stand Up and F&B meetings.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Degree or certification from an accredited culinary program preferred.
3 years’ experience in a managerial position of an upscale and/or high-volume foodservice establishment required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, using fingers and hands, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to work in varied and extreme temperatures including freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (90°F), possibly for one hour or more.
Apply via the email address provided below.