Peregrine is looking for a Line Cook to join their team. The line cook is responsible for delivering the Peregrine food experience to all guests. This position reports to the Sous Chef team.
Peregrine is a challenging but supportive work environment, with an emphasis on performance as well as team building, career-oriented training and all staff doing their part to build an environment at work that can be enjoyable for all.
Our Performance Expectations are:
- Prepares food according to their recipes, accurately and under pressure
- Arrives on time for all shifts, meetings, and classes
- Engages thoroughly and actively with initial and ongoing training
- Prepares food according to prep list
- Efficiently & accurately cleans equipment
- Follows and upholds all of Peregrine and Juliet + Company standards.
- Ensures that all food meets quality and presentation standards
- Maintains proper station set up and an organized work area
- Effectively communicates and works with all staff at the restaurant
- Maintains positive and consistent energy and productivity standards throughout the entire shift.
- Does their part to foster an inclusive and supportive work environment while seeking to perform according to excellent standards
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Has some previous experience in a high-end environment
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with front of the house staff
- Has a reputation for maintaining a safe and clean kitchen
- Must be able to work weekends and Sundays
- Must be able to relocate up to 50 lbs
- Bending, stooping, walking and standing for long periods at a time
- Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Passionate about great food and great service
- Well organized and able to multitask
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexible and hardworking
- Able to set priorities
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace
35-40 Hours per week, holidays and weekends included. Part-time schedules can be discussed.
AM & PM SHIFTS AVAILABLE, 7 day per week operation, including holidays
Conveniently located across the street from Charles/MGH Red Line station, and near Downtown Crossing and Park Street stations for Green and Orange lines