Who Patina Restaurant Group Is
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Their family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia – their restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. At Delaware North – whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants – there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! They empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.
Their Exciting Work Environment
The New England Aquarium located in Boston, Massachusetts is a global leader in ocean exploration and marine conservation. With more than 1.3 million visitors a year, the Aquarium is one of the premier visitor attractions in Boston and a major public education resource for the region. The New England Aquarium serves as a responsive community resource that attracts and involves the broadest possible audience; seeks a culturally diverse staff and governing board that reflect their community; adheres to the highest standards of animal stewardship; and is committed to delivering the highest quality visitor experience in a welcoming and enjoyable manner that inspires awe, curiosity, understanding, caring, and action.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
Shipping & Receiving Receiver
A Receiver is an hourly employee who will focus primarily on properly receiving and storing all items needed to run the restaurant. They are responsible for keeping their units running smoothly and adhering to cleanliness policies. They are responsible for cleaning and organizing restaurant areas according to company safety and quality standards. As directed by their supervisors, they may be asked to assist other employees’ duties using the necessary equipment to perform these jobs. A Shipping & Receiving Receiver is also responsible for completing HACCP logs and checking to ensure that food items are received at the proper temperature and condition.
Patina offers unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a hospitality professional, while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments with a healthy work life balance.
THE JOB TASKS:
- Check in with management upon arrival for daily duties and station assignments.
- Work efficiently with speed necessary to meet demand of extremely high volume
- Check invoices to ensure all products on invoice are received and check condition of products received
- Check temperatures of perishable food items
- Put away products using FIFO
- Maintain proper HACCP documentation as needed for receiving and storing food products and maintain refrigeration HACCP documentation
- Keep work area clean and maintain sanitation standards
- Remove trash, sweep, and mop
- Maintain cleanliness of walk-in coolers and freezers
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of work stations at all times according to company standards.
- Conduct structural repairs on the building, furniture, and machinery if possible, perform maintenance repairs within the restaurant & dining room or facilitate that repairs get fixed by a professional
- Take inventory of cleaning supplies and machinery, taking note of items that need to be reordered/replenished
- Assist all other staff, bussers, servers, waiters, bartenders, managers, etc., with tasks if needed.
- May remove dirty dishes, silverware, and empty glasses from guest tables between courses and after guests leave the table and return to prescribed dishwashing area
You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at management’s discretion.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have experience with inspecting of goods to include perishables, invoices and inventory needs.
- One to three months of previous related experience and/or training highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience using cleaning equipment and machinery appropriately.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Maintain a professional and polished appearance combined with the ability to interact with all types of guests.
- Must be able to multitask in a demanding, high volume environment.
- The ability to speak a secondary language is convenient but not necessary.
They’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed their guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the Patina Restaurant Group EOE. PRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards. They are more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Patina Restaurant Group enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of their team. They believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.