Who Patina Restaurant Group Is
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Their family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia – their restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. At Delaware North – whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants – there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! They empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.
Their Exciting Work Environment
The New England Aquarium located in Boston, Massachusetts is a global leader in ocean exploration and marine conservation. With more than 1.3 million visitors a year, the Aquarium is one of the premier visitor attractions in Boston and a major public education resource for the region. The New England Aquarium serves as a responsive community resource that attracts and involves the broadest possible audience; seeks a culturally diverse staff and governing board that reflect their community; adheres to the highest standards of animal stewardship; and is committed to delivering the highest quality visitor experience in a welcoming and enjoyable manner that inspires awe, curiosity, understanding, caring, and action.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
An immediate opportunity exists for proven restaurant professionals with the ability to maintain their high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Patina Restaurant Group is looking for a line Cook to facilitate all food preparations which may involve a variety of cooking stations and the maintenance of cooking equipment. The ideal candidate has passion and enthusiasm creating fine cuisine. Line cooks are team players and are comfortable keeping an open communication with all kitchen staff to ensure all necessary kitchen operations are being conducted efficiently. He/she should be able to facilitate other stations according to health and sanitation standards if necessary. With these responsibilities, Patina Restaurant Group offers unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a culinary professional in a friendly and enjoyable work environment with a healthy work-life balance.
- Prepare and cook all menu items, which pertain to the cooking line and other responsible stations, according to restaurant standards and policies.
- Ensure that all food orders are being completed correctly, taking into account food allergies, dietary restrictions and special requests.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work stations.
- Accept or reject ingredients from food supplier based on quality and appearance; keep note of inventory and notify stocker and chefs if product orders need to be made.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
- 1 year experience or training as a Line Cook in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume required.
- Culinary Degree preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and an ability to anticipate guests needs; an approachable demeanor with guests as well as with employees is essential.
- Maintain a professional and polished appearance combined with the ability to interact with all types of guests.
- Have passion for exceptional dining experiences combined with substantial food and service knowledge.
- Must be able to multitask in a demanding, high volume environment.
They’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed their guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the Patina Restaurant Group EOE. PRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards. They are more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Patina Restaurant Group enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of their team. They believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.