As an Executive Chef at the Hub, you’ll be responsible for:
• Hands on cooking.
• Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all chefs are following these standards.
• Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu items.
• Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to any subordinates.
• Ensure kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
• Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.
• Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies/service procedures/standards.
• Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies.
• Coordinate hiring and training activities for kitchen, bakery, butcher shop and other production and back of house employees while continuously monitoring their performance.
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity and volume.
• Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required.
• Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
• Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
• Proven ability to direct staff clear and concisely while positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
• Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established standards.
• Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), & (POS) systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
• Competitive compensation package
• Major medical insurance options
• Dental, vision, and life insurance
• Paid vacation
• 401k program
• Company dining discount program
Who They Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Their family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia – their restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North – whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants – there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! They empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.