Parsnip Restaurant is seeking a Private Events Manager with Restaurant/Hospitality experience who can bring their top-notch sales & marketing skills to their Private Dining business to their restaurant. This person should have a solid foundation in sales & marketing within the hospitality industry with a heavy emphasis on building sales, operations, catering and private dining. The Private Events Manager identifies potential business and supports events from start to finish. The person in this role is expected to be strong in restaurant operations and exhibit a concierge-level of service by displaying a thorough understanding of their menu, service, restaurant operations and exceeding guests’ expectations whenever possible. The individual is a key member of the FOH team, reporting directly to the GM, and working closely with the kitchen, to ensure all details and expectations associated with client events are met or exceeded.
- Manages the restaurant floor, looking to build relationships with guests by helping in the seating process, and working with the GM and management to identify and engage potential clients
- Sales building; generating new leads through current guest engagement, web research, tradeshows, cold-calling, and networking
- Respond to all phone and online inquiries, explaining and guiding clients through the booking process
- Respond to all phone and online inquires. Ownership of the booking process explaining and guiding clients through it, and final responsibility for the management of it from initial inquiry through execution.
- Work closely with the Chef and other managers to help coordinate and process event orders
- Be present at large events – greet hosts, facilitate and manage set-up, operations, breakdown, and oversee the team
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to customer complaints; resolve issues quickly and quietly, with no disturbance to the event
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the private dining scheduling, managing events, as well as knowledge of the overall cuisine, menus and various styles of service/set up available
- A minimum of 1-2 years in a sales or sales support role, as well as two years in hospitality
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education/experience desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- History of strong leadership skills and the ability to lead projects and make significant contributions to their organization’s overall success
- Committed to ensuring customer satisfaction, ability to handle multiple projects/clients without difficulty
Please send them your resume with a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position.
When you bring your winning attitude and excellent work ethic, you will enjoy great benefits, advancement opportunities, and the prospect to work with a great team in a fun environment! Parsnip Restaurant has an excellent benefit package for those who qualify, including medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, and generous employee discounts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Sales or Sales Support: 2 years
- Restaurant/Hotel/Catering: 2 years
- Event Management: 1 year