Major Food Group‘s Parm is looking for a talented and passionate Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager for a rapidly expanding fun concept. We are looking for team players who will assist in carrying our culture, standards of service, and quality of food to the new locations. While comparable experience is preferable, any individual with passion and love for people, food, and wine will certainly be welcomed.
Since the original location of Parm opened in New York City’s Little Italy in 2011, the restaurant’s takes on Italian-American soul food have reached iconic status. From the prized Chicken Parm to the homemade meatballs to the Rigatoni Carbone, the menu is inspired by the cooking Michelin-Starred chefs Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi ate growing up. The goal is to make the best versions of these recognizable dishes while remaining faithful to their history—and to serve them in a fun, familial environment.
- Executing menu items from start to finish
- Working on and managing the line
- Manage all kitchen employees
- Constantly be a mentor for all kitchen employees, training and coaching
- Assist with creating the schedule, costing, inventory, and labor controls.
- 1-3 of progressive experience in the back of house.
- High volume restaurant experience preferred.
- Superior knowledge of back of house administrative duties a must
- Proven ability in teaching and mentoring kitchen employees
- Outstanding communication and supervisory skills
- Self motivated and demonstrates quick thinking
We offer competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, TransitChek discount, Team Member Referral program, a generous dining program, and progressive paid time off. We offer many opportunities for growth and development for those who show long-term commitment to their role and MFG.
Major Food Group is an equal opportunity employer.