PARK-9 Dog Bar is a new, unique destination for dogs and their pet parents. We are looking for a charismatic and proven leader who is willing to help launch a new concept in dog and human hospitality.
We’ve meticulously designed over 10,000 square feet of bar and indoor park space to create a fun, clean, and safe environment where dogs and humans alike are welcome. Customers can choose their own adventure and take advantage of our multiple on- and off-leash areas (both in and outdoors). Our 5,000 square foot indoor park, featuring a full-service bar, is climate-controlled for year-round enjoyment.
Our General Manager will have extensive employee management, hospitality, and customer service experience. Prior experience with start-up organizations is highly desirable. Knowledge of the dog care industry is a plus, but not required provided the candidate is capable of quickly learning the ins and outs of our services. We do require a positive attitude, outgoing personality, dedication to providing an unparalleled experience for our clientele, and, of course, a love of dogs.
This position will oversee and direct all daily operations of the bar, dog park, and dog daycare. Their direct reports will include a bar manager and dog daycare manager. The primary focus of the role will be to help make our vision come to life by cultivating a great guest experience, training and developing staff, and guiding the management team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage daily operations including staff scheduling
- Work with Owners to develop short- and long-term strategies for success
- Create plans to meet all goals (retail sales, daycare clients, budget, etc.) set by Owners and follow through for favorable results
- Maintain budgets and manage expenses; identify and correct variances
- Hire and train new employees
- Ensure employees’ work productivity and professional development
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Supervise Inventory Management (ordering, merchandising, distributor relations) for bar, dog park, and daycare.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience as a general manager or similar executive role in a restaurant, bar or other hospitality setting
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, human resources, procurement, operations, etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Bachelors in business or relevant field; Masters is a plus, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please submit resume & salary requirements, and a compelling reason we should hire you!