PARK-9 Dog Bar is a new, unique destination for dogs and their pet parents. We are looking for a charismatic and proven Bar Manager who is willing to help launch a new concept in dog and human hospitality.
We have meticulously designed over 10,000 square feet of bar and indoor park space to create a fun, clean, and safe environment where dogs and humans alike are welcome. Customers can choose their own adventure and take advantage of our multiple on- and off-leash areas (both in and outdoors). Our 5,000 square foot indoor park, featuring a full-service bar, is climate-controlled for year-round enjoyment.
Our Bar Manager will have extensive employee management, hospitality, and customer service experience. Prior experience with start-up organizations is highly desirable. Knowledge of the dog care industry is a plus, but not required provided the candidate is capable of quickly learning the ins and outs of our services. We do require a positive attitude, outgoing personality, dedication to providing an unparalleled experience for our clientele, and, of course, a love of dogs.
This position will oversee and direct all daily operations of the bar. Direct reports will include bartenders and servers/barbacks. The primary focus of the role will be to help make our vision come to life by cultivating a great guest experience, by training and developing staff for bar service.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducts cash handling and sales through POS inventory system. Manages the cash drawers assigned to each bartender and reconciles each drawer against cash register reports.
- In conjunction with General Manager and Human Resources, interviews and selects bar staff.
- Supervises and trains employees in their respective duties as bartenders, barbacks or cleanup crews, including training employees
o how to prepare and deliver drinks according to Park-9 standards
o how to properly handle food and money
o how to set up the bar at the beginning of a shift and break it down at the end of a shift.
- Creates the schedules for each shift and makes certain the bar has enough employees on hand to handle the shift’s customers.
- Uses good judgment, communication, and customer service when interacting with guests. Establishes and enforces the rules for handling problem customers, ensures customers meet the legal age requirements for bar access.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable licensing, health, and safety requirements.
- Maintains a clean, safe, focused, and productive environment on a daily basis.
- Understands when to elevate situations to management.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, stocking and maintaining par levels for bar supplies/dry goods/fruits/mixers/purees/etc.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develops purchase and supply orders, checks in recently purchased bar items, arranges inventory for special events and makes supplies readily available to his/her team.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team (Owners, General Manager, Bar Manager, Dog Care Manager) to establish and enforce consistent policies and procedures that engage both the staff and customers, to ensure the success of all aspects of the Park-9 facility.
- Works as lead bartender as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be 21 years of age
- Two years of bartender experience with necessary bartender licensing, including some lead experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing to staff, leadership and customers
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exude a high level of hospitality to our guests – smile and have fun!
- Ability to multi-task and handle stress.
- Able to work in a bar atmosphere, loud sounds, and warehouse conditions
- Knowledge of POS; experience with Square a plus.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays