Para Maria at The Envoy Hotel, Autograph Collection is looking for a Steward.
Perform dishwashing and kitchen cleaning functions.
Potential Career Path
Cook or Stewarding Supervisor – Executive Steward or Sous Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans.
- Operate dishwashing and other kitchen cleaning equipment.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Sweep and wash floors and clean trash cans.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Perform food preparation functions in the event to staffing shortages or during peak periods.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous stewarding experience required or equivalent training.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, and weekends, etc.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping and kneeling.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It
Rooted in tradition and steeped in nostalgia, Para Maria is a Latin-inspired restaurant located in the center of Boston’s Seaport District. Translating to “For Maria,” The Envoy Hotel’s latest dining experience is dedicated to Chef Tatiana Rosana’s grandmother, or abuela, Maria. It was through her grandmother’s lessons that Tatiana first discovered her passion for cooking and love of food, the same passion that drives the menu at Para Maria.