Para Maria at The Envoy Hotel, Autograph Collection is looking for a Host/Hostess.
Join two-time Chopped Champion Tatiana Rosana open the brand new Para Maria Kitchen and Bar concept. Greet and escort guests to restaurant and cocktail tables in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards in Outlook Kitchen & Bar and Lookout Rooftop Bar.
The compensation for this position is $18.00 per hour, or more based on experience.
Potential Career Path
Food Server or Guest Service Agent – Restaurant Supervisor or Front Office Supervisor
Essential Job Functions
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, escort to dining or lounge table and present menu.
- Read, maintain, and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room and rooftop.
- To include but not limited to:
- Clearing of items from previous guests.
- Wiping of menus and service areas.
- Assist as needed or requested with service.
- Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform open table updates as needed for seating of new guests.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 30 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It
Rooted in tradition and steeped in nostalgia, Para Maria is a Latin-inspired restaurant located in the center of Boston’s Seaport District. Translating to “For Maria,” The Envoy Hotel’s latest dining experience is dedicated to Chef Tatiana Rosana’s grandmother, or abuela, Maria. It was through her grandmother’s lessons that Tatiana first discovered her passion for cooking and love of food, the same passion that drives the menu at Para Maria.