What is PAGU?
PAGU is a Japanese tapas restaurant located in Cambridge’s innovation hub between Central Square and MIT at 310 Mass. Ave by Chef/Owner, Tracy Chang. It is a restaurant and cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, inspired by Chang’s experiences with O Ya, Le Cordon Bleu Paris, Spanish three-star Michelin Restaurante Martin Berasategui, Guchi’s Midnight Ramen, and Harvard’s Science+Cooking course. The menu highlights local ingredients, with a focus on seafood, celebrating the harmony of techniques and flavors of Japanese and Spanish cuisines.
They ask themselves:
- “How do we better care for our team?”
- “How do we better care for our guests?”
- “How do we better care for our community?”
They are a group of loyal, hard-working, detail-oriented team players eager to serve their community. They are building a company that people love, that people are proud to work with and collaborate with. They are not just chefs; they are not just restaurant people; they are movers and shakers making improvements every day.
Assistant General Manager
They are seeking a resilient, meticulous Assistant General Manager to lead the front of house team. They are recruiting for AM/PM hours. The right candidate is:
- eager and enthusiastic to solve problems every day while implementing actionable solutions
- knowledgeable on product (food, wine, cocktail, beer)
- knowledgeable in financial performance goals and maintenance
- engaged in national industry news and identifies ways to create efficiencies
- daily opening/closing
- hourly labor management and schedule maintenance
- developing programs for team education
- managing the floor during service
- daily supervision of product quality
- versed in product and active in staff education
- maintenance of labor, sales and cost goals
- cost and waste control
- assistance with payroll
- guest relations
- community relations (events and outreach included)
- attract and maintain core regulars
- assist in private dining operations
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Cal
- Reserve, Toast, Quick Books
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary. Health insurance offered.
Again, how do they better care for their team?
They are dedicated to building a PAGU family that shares core values of education, leadership, teamwork, empathy and passion for serving others. Just as they expect you to carry out your responsibilities, it is their collective duty to create a fun environment for everyone to learn, grow, and thrive together. They look forward to taking care of you with a competitive salary, health insurance, vacation mileage, and career growth opportunities.
310 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
Get to them:
T: Central Square
T: Kendall Square
Bus: 1, 47, 77, 83, 91