Big Heart Hospitality is looking for a General Manager for their restaurant Orfano. They are looking for a leader in the food and beverage industry that wants to rethink the norms and convention and work with them to create a world class restaurant. The ideal candidate will have fine dining service experience at the “White Tablecloth” level and understand how to incorporate technically excellent service into a pretense-free environment with great humor and heart. Excellent wine knowledge, experience building a dynamic and inspiring list, negotiating with vendors, building relationships with winemakers and managing inventory levels are a must. They are advocates for their guests and work to make their time at the restaurant truly special.
The General Manager will manage day-to-say service operations of the restaurant, setting and maintaining all service standards through staff development and retention. They will be responsible for continually defining and refining service at Orfano. They will be responsible for hiring, training, and managing of all FOH managers and staff. The General Manager will manage the floor during service, lead and guide their management team and perform a variety of administrative duties, lead the FOH and BOH management teams to execute the restaurant’s service vision. The General Manager will be responsible for all controllable elements of the restaurant’s financial operations.
- 3+ years of Senior level restaurant management experience a plus
- Food Handler’s Certification required
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional service skills, food and beverage knowledge required
- Proven ability to effectively manage and mentor employees
- Technical proficiency in restaurant POS, reservation systems, Microsoft Office strongly recommended
- High volume, fast-paced, high profile restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to think on your feet and make informed and mature decisions
Apply via the email address below.