Led by James Beard award-winning chef Ana Sortun, Oleana is an Eastern Mediterranean inspired restaurant with a focus on comfort and spice. With one of Boston’s favorite patios, a thoughtfully curated wine list, and an ever-changing menu sourced by our own farm, Oleana has been beloved in the city for 22 years.
We care about each other and our customers. We build long-term relationships with our employees and support individuals who wish to further their career development within the food industry.
LOCATION Cambridge, MA
CATEGORY Foodservice operations, Culinary
JOB TYPE Full-Time, non-exempt
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who love cooking, have interest in the overall guest experience, and who bring good energy to work. We offer a structured training program as well as flexible schedules to support your other goals.
At Oleana, you will—
- Learn how to compose beautiful food across several stations
- Cook with lots of high-quality ingredients, including vegetables from our own farm and many flavorful spices
- Work on an incredible team to meet the challenge of high standards and high volume
- Gain depth of knowledge about Middle Eastern / Turkish cuisine and different spices
Qualified candidates will have at least one year of experience cooking in a restaurant kitchen and a working knowledge of kitchen basics, e.g. cleanliness, safety and organization.
- $23-27/hour that includes a percentage of our administrative fee
- Education and professional development opportunities – examples include wine and beverage training, Mediterranean diet education, community engagement, guest speakers
- Employee discounts at our sister businesses—Sofra, Sarma and Siena Farms
- Free meal per shift
- Partially subsidized health insurance, with an option to add dental and vision insurance
Please consider joining our team! To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the email address below.
Oleana is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.