Led by James Beard award winning chef Ana Sortun, Oleana is an Eastern Mediterranean inspired restaurant with a focus on comfort and spice. With one of Boston’s favorite patios, a thoughtfully curated wine list, and an ever-changing menu sourced by our own farm, Oleana has been beloved in the city for 22 years.
We care about each other and our customers. We build long-term relationships with our employees and support individuals who wish to further their career development within the food industry.
LOCATION Cambridge, MA
CATEGORY Foodservice operations
JOB TYPE Full-Time, non-exempt
Oleana is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working hosts to join our team.
To be successful at Oleana you must:
- Be genuinely passionate about hospitality and the overall guest experience
- Have a positive attitude
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Be curious and passionate about learning
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Be a clear and concise communicator
- Be humble and self-motivated
- Have a flexible schedule and the ability to work nights and weekends
- Welcoming guests into the restaurant with warmth and graciousness
- Reservation management (table mapping, tracking table progress)
- Answering phones and returning voicemails
- Waitlist management (quote times, managing expectations)
- Cocktailing (wine, beer, coffee)
- Takeaway ordering
- Gift card fulfillment
- Communicating with management and service teams to meet guests’ needs (eg. special requests / accommodations, allergies, celebrations)
Previous restaurant experience is not required. Hospitality, customer service, and/or administrative experience is strongly preferred. Working knowledge of reservation management or point of sales systems (Rest & Toast) are a plus.
- Education and professional development opportunities – examples include wine and beverage training, Mediterranean diet education, community engagement, guest speakers
- Employee discounts at our sister businesses—Sofra, Sarma and Siena Farms
- Free meal per shift
- Partially subsidized health insurance, with an option to add dental, vision, and voluntary insurances (including accident, disability, critical illness, and life)
Please consider joining our team! To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the address below.
Oleana is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.