Oat Shop is a cafe in Davis Square, Somerville. They serve oatmeal bowls with creative toppings and mix-ins as well as Broadsheet Coffee and espresso drinks and house made baked goods. They also have a catering program. They are seeking someone for 15-30hrs per week, with the potential for additional hours in the future. The focus of the position will be on baking, prep and production work, but there will also be some front-of-house work required. Kitchen experience is required.
Current store hours: 8:00am-1:00pm Monday, Thursday, Friday and 8:00am-2:00pm on weekends.
*Must have availability on Saturday and Sunday*
Pay: $15+/hr + tips (often $3+ per hour)
Daily responsibilities include:
- Completing food prep tasks
- Baking and preparing doughs and batter
- Assisting with catering and wholesale orders
- Dishes, cleaning and restocking
- Preparing oatmeal bowls for customers
- Making coffee and espresso drinks to order.
- Working the register and interacting with customers
- Professional kitchen experience
- Morning and weekend availability, available to work 15+ hours per week
- Reliable and dependable
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Positive attitude and able to work well on a team
- Detail-oriented and able to follow recipes and tasks
- Drivers License and ability to complete deliveries in company van is helpful, but not required
Please send along a resume with a brief note stating your interest and availability. Thank you
- They follow strict COVID-19 protocol including wearing masks, hand-washing and sanitizing surfaces regularly.
- They are only doing takeout at this time and limiting the customers inside at one time. Masks are required at all times
To apply, send your resume to the email address provided below.