Oat Shop is a 2 year-old, cafe in Davis Square, Somerville. They serve customized oatmeal bowls, both sweet and savory with creative toppings and mix-ins. They serve Broadsheet Coffee and espresso drinks and tea as well as house made baked goods and snacks with a healthier focus. Oat Shop has a growing catering program focused on the corporate market and private events.
They are looking for an Assistant Manager to join and help lead their team. This is a hands-on leadership position involving employee management and in-store work. They also expect this person to be a leader in their catering program. The assistant manager will work closely with the store manager and business owner and have regular meetings. This position will involve various back office tasks in addition to the in store work such as inventory, scheduling, ordering and hiring/onboarding. They are looking for a punctual and dedicated person who can take charge and be a leader. They have a lot of growth opportunities and they are looking for the right folks to join their growing team.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Serving customers and preparing bowls and drinks
- Food preparation and managing prep list
- Recipe development and rollout
- Catering preparation
- Employee management,
- Lead team trainings
- Inventory and ordering
- Morning and weekend availability
- Management Experience and Catering experience
- Dependable, punctual and hardworking
- Positive attitude and able to work well on a team
- ServSafe Manager Certification is required, and we can assist in getting it for the right folks
- Driver’s license, clean driving record & willingness to drive the company van are very helpful