The purpose of the Bartender role is to prepare beverages requested by guests according to standard operating procedures. Provide an atmosphere of welcome and warmth, generated by a sincere concern for all guests satisfaction and needs.
All beverages must be prepared and served in a timely and accurate manner following recipe specifications. Presentation must be consistent using fresh garnishes at all times. Payment must be received and accurately recorded. Beverage par levels must be maintained by requisitions as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
- Four years experience in a hotel lounge.
- High school diploma required and or related experience preferred.
- TIPS Certified.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- CO2 soda systems
- Wine opener
- Beer systems
- Credit card machine
- Glasses and blender
- Cash register
- Long hours sometimes may be required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must occasionally transport cases of liquor, beer, wine, etc.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and date, and basic arithmetic functions.
OTHER ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- A detailed knowledge of liquor, beer, wine, and mixed drinks
- Knowledge of local liquor laws and laws of negligence required.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Fairmont Standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag while working.
- Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must maintain and comply with state liquor laws in all matters including alcohol consumption.
- Must ensure wine cellar is maintained at specification levels at all times.
- Complete opening/ closing duties according to standards set forth by management.
- Prepare drinks for guest and beverage servers using specifications.
- Present drinks to guests, obtain payment for them, and record accurately
- Have all glassware washed and maintain a sanitary environment in accordance with local health codes.
- Complete beverage requisition to maintain par levels as needed. (using full bottle for empty method)
- Monitor guests for intoxication and report such findings to Manager immediately.
- Process credit card and room charges.
- Make change from cash register.
- Keep an accurate record of all checks and balances to be presented in a daily report including daily cash deposits.
- Analyze and complete a night audit report utilizing the sales summary received at closing time.
- Keep lounge area clean and free of debris.
- Other duties as required.
Apply online via the link provided below.