Located in the lobby level of the Charles Hotel, Noir is a world class bar, dedicated to craft and hospitality. Our mission is to integrate our surrounding community with our world-wide visitors in an environment of genuine hospitality, offering excellency in our products and services. Our Garden Bar is an extension of Noir with a focus and local craft beer and wines from around the world. The courtyard is filled with games, music, and events during the season, and the Garden Bar is our centerpiece.
As a bartender at Noir, you will have to opportunity to showcase your personality, and build knowledge on beer, wine, and service. The ideal candidate has a natural inclination to hospitality, a desire to learn and share knowledge about wine, food, and brewing, has great communication skills, and is able to adapt to a variety of scenarios. Teamwork is the core of our program, and the ability to be a part of a team that works as a unit during busy services with grace and humor is a must. Our team is made up of individuals from different backgrounds and experiences and we encourage your individuality to strengthen our culture, while maintaining consistency in our products and standards of services. Training material will be provided by management, and the candidate is expected to complete training in adequate timing.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are required.
- One year of bar or similar experience is preferred.
- Ability to use order and payment systems is expected.
- This position requires full mobility, continuous quick-paced movement, lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds and pushing food
- carts up to 100 pounds. Must be able to carry cocktails on a tray.
- Ideal candidate must be flexible to work weeknights and weekends.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Alcohol Awareness, Food Handlers Safety, etc.
- Be familiar with the organization of the bar and courtyard and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of products and services offered by The Garden Bar and the Charles Hotel
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Clear, clean, and reset tables as needed.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system.
- Tend to bar guests and table guests.
- Carry out cashiering functions in closing checks and end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side work duties according to station rotation assignment.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked tidy and clean.
- Perform other tasks/jobs as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
To apply, please send your resume to the email below or use the online application link.