As an employee of The Charles Hotel, you will benefit from having access to Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance starting from $1.16* weekly, travel benefits across multiple brands, a complimentary daily meal, $5 discounted daily parking, $500 referral bonus and advancement opportunities. Joining the Charles Hotel surrounds you with the like-minded peers an independent hotel has to offer.
*Rates is subject to change.
Located in the Lobby Level of Charles Hotel, Noir is a world class cocktail bar, dedicated to craft and hospitality. Our mission is to integrate our surrounding community with our world-wide visitors in an environment of genuine hospitality, offering excellency in our products and services.
As a bartender at Noir, you will have to opportunity to showcase your personality, exercise creativity, and build knowledge on various aspects of cocktail culture. The ideal candidate has an interest in and a desire to learn and share knowledge about cocktails, wine, food, and brewing, has great communication skills, and is able to adapt to a variety of scenarios. Teamwork is the core of our program, and the inclination to be a part of a team that works as a unit during busy services with grace and humor is a must. Our team is made up of individuals from different backgrounds and experiences and we encourage your individuality to strengthen our culture, while maintaining consistency in our products and standards of services. Training material will be provided by management, and the candidate is expected to complete training in adequate timing.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are required.
- One year of bar or similar experience is preferred.
- Ability to use order and payment systems is expected.
- This position requires full mobility, continuous quick-paced movement, lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds and pushing food carts up to 100 pounds. Must be able to carry cocktails on a tray.
- Ideal candidate must be flexible to work weeknights and weekends.
- Comply at all times with The Charles Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Alcohol Awareness Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Be familiar with the organization of the restaurant and lounge and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of products and services offered by Noir and the Charles Hotel
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Clear, clean, and reset tables as needed.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system.
- Tend to bar guests and table guests.
- Carry out cashiering functions in closing checks and end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side work duties according to station rotation assignment.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked tidy and clean.
- Perform any other duties requested by management.
To apply, send your resume to the email provided below, or use the link.