Award Winning Nightshade Noodle Bar is looking for a Maitre’d/Assistant General Manager to join their team. From Chef Rachel Miller, nominated for 2023 Outstanding Chef by the James Beard Foundation, Nightshade offers eclectic Vietnamese and French inspired blind tasting experiences featuring local and luxury seafood and noodles dishes, chic jungle vibes, unique tropical cocktails and natural wines to downtown Lynn. Nightshade Noodle Bar was named 4th best restaurant in Boston by Boston Magazine and recently received the second ever 5 star review in The Boston Globe.
The Maitre’d/AGM will handle all positions in the front of the house, acting as host, sommelier, back server and general support person. This position acts as the face and the voice of the restaurant, coordinating reservations and ensuring excellent guest experiences, while managing the dining room in service. This position will work in tandem with the General Manager, Chef, front of house team and reservationist to ensure intimate, tailored experiences for each of our wonderful guests.
Professionals with at least 5 years experience in fine dining who are organized, dedicated and above all, love hospitality are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities for this positions include but are not limited to:
- Assist the FOH team in opening and closing the restaurant.
- Assist the General Manager with the operation of the restaurant, maintenance of the facility, oversight of existing systems, and general restaurant development.
- Be a liaison between the guests and the Chef, ensuring all dietary, occasion and other relevant information is communicated and addressed.
- Take the lead on FOH training- using existing systems and developing ongoing education along with the General Manager.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the beverage program and an ability to offer beverage pairings and describe beverage offerings.
- Maintain ambiance by controlling lights, volume, glassware, linens, table settings and menu cleanliness/condition.
- Attend all food and beverage training classes.
Key skills and requirements:
- Commitment to creative, warm and consistent hospitality.
- Ability to model standards and anticipate guest and team needs.
- A genuine desire to give the best experience possible to everyone who walks through the door.
- Self starters who can work independently and know when to ask for help.
- Organized and neat with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with a global wine program and the ability to speak confidently about beverages.
- Some teaching/training experience is strongly preferred.
- Management experience is strongly preferred.
- Desire to grow in the restaurant industry.
- Ability to make a year commitment after an initial trial period is required for all positions at Nightshade Noodle Bar
If interested please send a short paragraph about why you think you’d be a good fit along with an updated resume to the email address provided below.
Salary $68k-$72k based on experience. 2 pre-scheduled weeks of vacation (January and July), paid after 6 months of employment. Set schedule with two days in a row off. Serious applicants who are available for an in person interview only please. Must have restaurant experience in a fine dining or similar environment to be considered for this position. Schedule is Wednesday to Sunday.