The Night Shift Brewing Hospitality Team is looking for a dynamic hospitality professional to join the team as Lovejoy Wharf General Manager. The GM leads by example and sets the tone and standards for excellence across the team. With a passion for customer service, the successful candidate is constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience at Lovejoy Wharf while ensuring the restaurant remains an inclusive, positive, and overall kick-ass place to work. The GM has a clear understanding of both company and departmental goals and their specific role in achieving those goals.
What You’ll Do…
- Provide day-to-day leadership for all staff and business operations
- Ensure responsive, exceptional guest satisfaction 100% of the time
- Lead Lovejoy Wharf Team to increase sales and profits, and achieve financial and operational goals (revenue goals, labor costs, COGS etc)
- Communicate and embody the company vision, culture, and values
- Oversee partnership between restaurant teams, brewery production teams, coffee bar teams, kitchen teams, and other teams to ensure an innovative, collaborative, successful beer, food, coffee, and service program.
- Work with marketing and events team(s) to plan and execute private and public events
- Grow and develop staff, including restaurant management team through timely feedback, annual reviews and development plans. Provide performance-based coaching and feedback as needed to managers and hourly team.
- Ensure that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately and on time.
- Work with HR to provide leadership through recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training & managing taproom staff. Sets proper staffing levels and weekly scheduling to meet high service level standards while maintaining staffing costs at an appropriate level.
- Work flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You Have…
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- TIPS and/or ServSafe & Crowd Manager Certified
- Minimum 7 years hospitality experience required; minimum 5 years of management experience required
- Brewery experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in staff management through strong leadership and development
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Experience using data to make decisions is a strong plus
- Ability to work with timesheet, word processing, and excel programs
- This position requires the successful candidate to spend long hours on their feet and work in a standard restaurant environment.
As an employee of Night Shift Brewing, the General Manager will earn between $75,000 and $90,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, 401(k) participation, beer/merchandise credits, and more!
About Night Shift
Night Shift Brewing started as a nocturnal hobby for three home-brewing obsessed friends in 2012 out of a small apartment kitchen in Somerville, MA. Since then, Night Shift has grown beyond our wildest dreams. From our state-of-the-art brewing space and Taproom in Everett, to our first restaurant endeavor at Lovejoy Wharf, to starting our own distributing company and beyond, the motto “craft better” is at the heart of everything we do. We aim to provide a wide variety of craft beverages – from beer to seltzer, wine, coffee, and other non-alcoholic beverages, we celebrate being a craft beverage provider where “all styles are welcome”.
Night Shift Brewing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We welcome all applicants who believe they meet the minimum requirements of available positions, with or without reasonable accommodation, to apply.