Opening soon in Westwood, MA. Neroli Mercato is a specialty grocery, wine, busy sandwich deli, prepared foods and catering shop. Seeking applicants who are passionate about food and quality ingredients, as well as those who are enthusiastic, open to instruction, willing to learn, and able to work quickly and efficiently. We are looking for a motivated and experienced Kitchen Manager at Neroli Mercato.
The job involves customer service, food knowledge, stocking, slicing, and assistance to the head chef, along with overseeing production and replenishment of inventory stock, training associates, and adhering to budgeted financial targets. You will have responsibility for the following areas: recipe creation, costing
of new items in order to maintain cost of goods, scheduling, butchery, and sourcing new products from
Italy. In addition, continual training in artisan food making and preparation will be provided which will
prove valuable to both newer and seasoned applicants to the food industry.
Candidates should have:
- Previous deli, kitchen, culinary, retail and/or customer service experience required.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Able to work well with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional Organizational Skills
- Take ownership approach to problem solving
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and move and lift objects of at least 40 lbs
- Manage inventory to achieve targeted gross profit margin
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store including nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Menu design, Hiring and Training Kitchen Staff
- Collaborating with General Manager, Executive Chef, and Owners
- Optimizing staff productivity, Stepping in when needed (rounds)
- Utilizing leadership skills managing a team of kitchen staff in high pressure environment
- Ensuring food meets highest quality standards and served in a timely manner
- Coordinating kitchen staff and assisting them as required
- Hiring, scheduling, and training staff to prepare and cook all menu items
- Inventory and daily stock taking of ingredients for placing orders
- Equipment maintenance
- Enforcing best practices for safety and sanitation in kitchen
- Creating new recipes to update the specials and menu
- Incorporating feedback from staff and patrons to make improvements or resolve issues
- Available to work on call shifts, after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience working with Toast – POS System
- Proficient in Google Drive/Shared Drive
- ServSafe, Allergen and Choke saver Certifications
Deli Supervisor will be responsible for assisting with menu design and recipes, hiring and training of market staff, optimizing staff productivity and assisting with whenever needed.(Rounds).
To Ensure Success Top Candidates should have excellent leadership skills with experience in managing staff in high pressure situations. Ability to communicate effectively and positively and has a passion for
Great food and Excellent Guest Service.
Apply with a current resume and cover letter telling us why you would like to be part of our team and desired pay to email.