Needham Golf Club is a semi-private 9-hole golf course that is uniquely situated within the Needham, MA community, offering an enjoyable experience for golfers of all skill levels. The clubhouse was built in 2010 and includes a state-of-the-art kitchen facility, a private Green Street Grille Dining Room, an Outside Deck and a Function Room. Their membership includes approximately 650 members.
The Sous Chef is a highly visible position working closely with the Executive Chef and staff to ensure an outstanding member dining and function experience. In addition to being a superb chef, the successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to interact with members, guests and staff and handle special requests in stride. As “second in command”, the candidate will have an opportunity to showcase their culinary skills and creativeness along with learning the demanding “business” of running a successful kitchen. The ability to multi-task is a must.
• Support the Executive Chef in all facets of managing the kitchen including preparation and
• development of new menu items/specials; train and supervise staff; assist in maintaining a safe
• and healthy work environment.
• Able to direct the culinary staff with constant follow up to maintain consistency of products,
• production, preparations, execution and presentation. This is especially true when the Executive
• Chef is absent from the Club.
• Support the Executive Chef with banquet setup and execution when needed.
• Oversee the a la carte line prep and execution including supervising Functions and Grille Room.
• Ability to cover other positions as needed.
• Communicate effectively with kitchen staff, service staff and management.
• Ensure quality standards are maintained for all food production and work stations.
• Manage all par levels and ordering of the a la carte products.
• Knowledge of POS and Excel.
Preferred candidates will have at least three years in a similar position in a restaurant or a private club setting. A culinary degree would be a plus. Must be Serv-safe certified and Allergen certification or willing to certify. Knowledge in Spanish is a plus.
Benefits/Compensation: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Base salary, bonus program, medical benefits, vacation, sick and personal time.
Position open immediately.
Please send cover letter and resume to Brenda Ann Budge