Myers + Chang is looking for a Lead Line cook to help run their busy kitchen. The Lead Line Cook reports to the Executive Chef and the Sous Chef. The objective of the Line Lead is to manage the prep cooks and production list, produce superior food and work hand-in-hand with the Chefs and FOH Managers in managing the restaurant. Success in this role requires incredible attention to product details, the BOH kitchen working environment, and the ability to look at the big picture view of the restaurant.
Day-to-Day Performance Expectations:
- Daily operations of running the kitchen
- Open lines of communication between you and all staff at the restaurant
- Excelling at all line positions
- Maintaining a clean and organized kitchen and surrounding areas
- Be vigilant with product quality; taste test throughout each day, look at each dish at the pass
- Assisting with menu planning, recipe development and tastings
- Staff relations, training and support
- Constantly have eyes on the prep and steward team to ensure standards are maintained
- Be a vocal part of the management team to constantly improve the restaurant
- Be approachable for questions from all staff
- Monitoring labor and food costs
- Managing ordering and inventory
- Taking initiative for improvements
- Scheduling staff
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills for Qualification:
Candidates need at least 2 years experience as a line cook looking to take the next step. Applicants need to possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive, be passionate about Asian cooking and working as part of a team. Availability in the evenings and weekends is a must.
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacations, 401k matching options and competitive salary, as well as the opportunity to work with a terrific team and truly learn how to run a restaurant from the inside out.
Apply via the email address provided below.