Mobile Cooks is a talent agency for plant-based cooks. They have pop-ups booked at several Boston area restaurants and are interviewing cooks who want to pop-up at these events with a vegan dish or two (ingredients sourced from local farms whenever possible)
They offer services to cooks such as space to prep (Foundation Kitchen in Somerville), help with ingredient ordering/sourcing, FOH management, delivery management and gig scheduling.
You focus on cooking amazing food, they help facilitate, promote and organize the events, and you get paid the majority of the profits of your dish.
Compensation: (Contract Work)
- For the right cook, they can guarantee you $20/hour, with an opportunity to make as much as $40/hour depending on your dish sales and the success of any given pop-up
Skills and Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 2 years of professional food experience
- Experience with plant based/vegan cooking is preferred
- Positive, friendly and eager to learn.
- Work well with direction, but able to take initiative and be independent.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE INCLUDE: a few of your vegan dish ideas and your food @instagram handle *if applicable
EEO Statement: Mobile Cooks is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Check out their website!