The Milton Hoosic Club is looking for a General Manager.
About the Milton Hoosic Club:
The Milton Hoosic Club is a well-established family country club, whose history dates back to 1891. As a charter member of the Massachusetts Golf Association, they are one of the oldest golf clubs in the country. Located in Canton, the Club provides a 9-hole golf course which has multiple sets of tees to provide an 18-hole experience.
The clubhouse offers several dining and gathering environments including the Grill Room, Main Dining and Function Room, and a deck overlooking the course.
The Milton Hoosic Club offers a six-lane swimming pool and two clay tennis courts. The pool is open Memorial Day thru Labor Day with family events throughout the season.
The General Manager of the Milton Hoosic Club is responsible for leading all departments in the goal of delivering an exceptional member experience, meeting/exceeding/establishing performance metrics, and operating according to established policies and procedures, while being a champion for change towards continuous improvement for the club. You will lead the Milton Hoosic Club with a “member first” attitude with a goal of maximizing member satisfaction and financial performance at all times.
The General Manager must possess strong operational, financial, and analytical skills. You will report directly to the President of the Milton Hoosic Club and with a strong dotted line to the Club’s Board of Governors and Club Committees to achieve short term objectives, as well strategically lead the Milton Hoosic Club into the future.
- Leadership, management and development of all Department Heads and their respective staffs. Direct management and leadership of golf, ground, dining/function, kitchen, pool/tennis, and administrative operations.
- Develop, maintain, and administer a business plan supported with annual budgets and marketing plans
- Responsible for financial guidance and reporting of all club operations in accordance with acceptable accounting procedures including the formulation of the club’s annual operating and capital budgets to be coordinated with the Finance Committee, the Treasurer, and the Department Heads. The General Manager will operate the club in accordance with approved budgets and will report the club’s financial position to the Board of Directors monthly.
- Interact with members daily, actively soliciting member opinions and input on the club’s facilities and services to promote the club. Visibility, accessibility, and responsiveness to members is paramount
- Collaborate with Department Heads and the Board to set standards for recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, and timely evaluation of the entire club’s staff
- Oversee and administer compensation and benefits to staff, which must be administered consistently and fall within the guidelines as mandated by the budget
- Maintain active and positive involvement with all Members. Partner with department heads on member communications to ensure that a consistent tone is delivered in all written communications.
- Develop and implement member satisfaction measurements and a plan to address and improve the member experience over time
- Provide Members a great experience by ensuring that all departments deliver high-quality products with high-quality service in every transaction or interaction with Members
- Facilities Management: Provide Members an inviting environment by ensuring all routine cleaning, preventative maintenance, and repair work is appropriate and completed expeditiously
- Collaborate and assist department heads to lead all people management and development areas including, but not limited to hiring, onboarding, training, development, and assessment
- Ensure that the club operates within all local and state laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Governors
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or hospitality management
- At least 4 years of related progressive experience as a General Manager or Assistant General Manager. Private club experience preferred.
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation preferred as well as demonstrated focus on continuing professional development for self and staff
- Verifiable strengths in team development, financial performance and acumen and member marketing. To be supported by the ability to consistently define and achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate a record of working closely and successfully with club board and committees in a leadership or supportive position as circumstances dictate
- Strong knowledge of and ability to deliver highest quality food and beverage, golf services, aquatics, tennis, family, child, and adult events that create exceptional member/guest experiences
- Demonstrated ability to focus on professional development for self and team
- Jonas experience preferred
Apply via the email address or phone number below