The Milton-Hoosic Club is a well-established family country club with over 300 members, whose history dates back to 1891. As a charter member of the Massachusetts Golf Association, they are one of the oldest golf clubs in the country. Located in Canton, the Club provides a 9-hole golf course which has multiple sets of tees to provide an 18-hole experience.
This past summer Milton-Hoosic Club was chosen as the 26th best 9-hole golf course in the world by Golf magazine.
The head chef at the Milton Hoosic Club is an integral role in driving overall membership experience at the club. Responsible for all food production for the Milton Hoosic Club. Develops menus, recipes, food ordering specifications. Hires, trains, and manages culinary staff. Develops and maintains food and labor budget for the department. Maintains highest standards in food quality and sanitation. The Executive Chef reports to the General Manager.
- Hires, trains, assesses talent, schedules, and leads all kitchen employees. Trains all employees on safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
- Plans menus for all club requirements while focusing on member feedback, current trends, cost, etc. Partners with General Manager to market specialty menu items and dinners.
- Ensures that all food is prepped and prepared and that the kitchen is maintained with high quality and safety and sanitation standards
- Develops recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation that are focused on high quality, cost effectiveness, and portion control to eliminate waste. Sets menu pricing standards and actuals
- Prepares all necessary data for department, including food and labor projections and actual results. Sets revenue goals and targets and reports back to club management of achievement or areas of opportunity.
- Attends all manager meetings
- Partners with General Manager on all private club functions
- Prepares or directly supervises the production with exacting standards
- Evaluates all food products to ensure they are meeting quality and safety standards
- Partners with General Manager, Golf Pro, and House Committee and interacts with members to ensure that food preparation and presentation meet and/or exceed expectations
- Responsible for menu, staffing and food preparation for all food outlets at the Milton Hoosic Club including snack bar, take out offerings, etc.
- Ensures that all food ordering is done with a focus on quality, quantity, revenue generation
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
- At least 4 years of related progressive experience; or a culinary graduate with at least 3 years of progressive experience in a club or a related field
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations
- Long hours sometimes required
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all level of employees and members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
- Certified food manager (servsafe)
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by members and employees
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Preferred qualifications: Servsafe alcohol and CPR certified
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers excellent health, dental benefits package.
Please email your resume and cover letter to the email address provided below