Miel Brasserie is looking for a Host to join their staff. This position welcomes guests to restaurant, seats them and accepts payment when they are done.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner; seat guests ensuring a balanced workload among servers.
- Maintain accurate waiting list as needed. Alert guests when table is available.
- Receive payments and process transactions according to established policies and procedures; give correct change; balance cash drawer at close of shift; complete all opening/closing paperwork; document voids on void balance sheet.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May process take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practice up-selling techniques.
- May routinely clear and reset tables and assist with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers.
- May be asked to handle guest complaints and special requests.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- Prior restaurant or luxury hotel experience preferred
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (plates, utensils, menus, etc.)
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Using a keyboard
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit, quantities, and variances.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return they’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available, as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, they’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell them how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.