Do you see yourself as a Host/ess, Miel?
For over 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, their passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring the creation of warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of the hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where they embrace every opportunity to give guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, they all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, they’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; top rated on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named a ‘Top Place to Work’ by The Boston Globe, rated as one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World’ by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston’s historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full-service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. They are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure they continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
POSITION OVERVIEW: As Restaurant Host/ess, you will be an ambassador for providing exceptional service to guests dining at Miel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner; seat guests ensuring a balanced workload among servers.
- Maintain accurate waiting list as needed. Alert guests when table is available.
- Receive payments and process transactions according to established policies and procedures; give correct change; balance cash drawer at close of shift; complete all opening/closing paperwork; document voids on void balance sheet.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May process take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practice up-selling techniques.
- May routinely clear and reset tables and assist with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers.
- May be asked to handle guest complaints and special requests.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- Prior restaurant or luxury hotel experience preferred
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (plates, utensils, menus, etc.)
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Using a keyboard
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when making reservations, taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit, quantities, and variances.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
BENEFITS: In return they’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, they’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell them how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.