Miel Brasserie at the Intercontinental Hotel is looking for servers to provide fast and courteous service of food and beverages to guests and ensure quality of food and beverage presentation per established standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Prepare food and beverages for service to hotel guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
- Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift.
- Alert Outlet Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the restaurant
- Handling food objects; plates, trays, glasses, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Employees will receive a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.