Miel Brasserie at the Intercontinental Hotel is looking for a Cook who will prepare and cook orders for daily operations in various outlets at InterContinental Boston including: Miel, RumBa, Five-10 Waterfront and In-Room Dining. You will adhere to InterContinental Brand service standards, sanitation standards and food quality standards at all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations.
- Be knowledgeable in all stations and menu items for Miel, RumBa, Five-10 Waterfront and In-Room Dining
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualifications include basic reading, writing and math skills. Prior culinary experience in a fine dining/ luxury atmosphere required. Food Service or Culinary degree or certification preferred. An alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards may be required by local or state government agency. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds, standing up and moving about in the kitchen, handling food objects, products and utensils, bending, stooping and kneeling.
Employees will receive a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.