Michael’s Harborside, a full service lunch and dinner restaurant located directly on the Merrimack River in historic Newburyport, is seeking a Front of House Manager to join their outstanding team.
They are a looking for a high energy, organized, experienced candidate who will provide mature leadership with a great ability to multi task and motivate. They believe in extensive training to provide great service to their loyal guests and you would be a key component of staff development. Michael’s Harborside is part of the Newburyport Development portfolio and offers excellent salary and benefits.
They currently have a full time managing position open whose responsibilities will include supervising and assisting with on-going training of front line staff, and scheduling to provide optimal guest service.
Other important aspects of this position include the ability to:
- Lead by example in professional behavior toward coworkers and guests at all times
- Adopt and enhance the open communication culture
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Support all BOH operations
- Attend and contribute to regular staff meetings
- Facilitate and participate in regular staff training
- Direct staff in maintaining a clean and safe workplace
- Be aware of all restaurant services/features.
- Be innovative and progressive in creating ways to enhance the guest experience
- Applicants should also work well under pressure, possess excellent communication skills, be organized, flexible and self-motivated.
What they Require:
- Minimum 2 yrs.’ management experience in the hospitality industry with a strong foundation in customer service.
- Must be committed to constantly improving guest experience and satisfaction.
- Must be willing to devote majority of time on the floor supporting FOH and BOH staff.
- Must be organized, motivated, and a spontaneous problem solver.
- Must be mature and flexible in communicating effectively with all staff and guests.
What They Offer:
- Scheduled 5 day work week in a vibrant, waterfront environment.
- Competitive compensation is based on experience.
- Medical and Dental insurance, long term and life insurance.
- Paid vacations, sick time, employee dining program, direct deposit, ongoing training and development.
To apply, send your resume to the email address below.