Server of Meritage Restaurant / Boston Harbor Hotel’s Forbes Four-Star fine dining restaurant
Meritage Restaurant is Boston Harbor Hotel’s Forbes Four-Star fine dining restaurant which takes the unique approach of matching wine and food by offering small and large plates paired with specific wine characteristics. From world-class cuisine and one Boston’s finest wine cellars featuring many library selections, to warm hospitality and the urban sophistication of their dining room and private dining space overlooking Boston Harbor. Meritage, offering a unique and memorable dining experience Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday brunch.
They are seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of food & beverage, and exceptional Beyond Compare service attitude for the position of Server at Meritage Restaurant at the Boston Harbor Hotel, Boston’s only Forbes Five-Star waterfront hotel. This position is responsible for preparing for service, and to serve the guest in a Five Star manner. Assure highest quality of food and beverage by working in an efficient and conscious manner, as well as maintaining and developing the highest service standards possible.
- Assist with the greeting and seat all guests creating a good first impression.
- Set up and breakdown of all assigned tables according to the managers’ direction.
- Completion of all opening and closing side work.
- Provide the highest service standards possible to all guests.
- Know descriptions of all the wines, beers, and cocktails, and be able to make recommendations.
- Service of cocktails, wine and champagne in accordance with safe alcohol service standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness of server stations, and equipment.
- Meet all guest request and expectations with a professional attitude.
- Keep tables clean throughout the evening.
- Adhering to the proper cash handling procedure including tip reporting, due backs, and bank.
- Complete all closing procedures.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Restaurant General Manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Perform other duties as required. i.e. special orders, VIP parties, execute specialty menus for promotions, etc.
- Interact positively with guests promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties
The candidate must possess food and beverage knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Require good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 15lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Thorough knowledge of beverage and beverage service
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm