The On Call Sommelier of Meritage Restaurant + Wine Bar will assist with the flawless execution of the Wine program, and superior service of the Front of House staff.
This position will assist in leading the effort to deliver distinctive service experiences, while ensuring profitability objectives are achieved. Responsibilities encompass, visiting tables to ensure proper wine service and maintaining beverage sales while developing positive relationships with guests.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably specializing in Hospitality, Food & Beverage and or equivalent experience is required.
- Must have at least three (3) or more years of strong Food & Beverage experience in a similar role, with an emphasis in Fine Dining and Wine; Luxury Environment preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Preferably TIPS and ServSafe Certification, Court of Master Sommelier Level 2 Certification
The primary responsibilities for the On Call Sommelier will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise wine and beverage service to ensure that standards are met by staff and that highest possible guest satisfaction is achieved.
- Ensure that Meritage Restaurant + Wine Bar is appropriately prepared for evening’s wine service.
- Must be present on the floor during peak business periods, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist Food & Beverage departments with wine related requests.
- Assist guests in the selection of wine to accompany food choices, enhancing the dining experience.
- Ensure consistent adherence to Forbes Five-Star service and Boston Harbor Hotel brand standards, while elevating product and service.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities and supportive functions, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Requires a working knowledge of Restaurant operations as well as luxury core standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Advanced knowledge in domestic and international Wines and Spirits.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office and industry relevant point of sales systems.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.