A member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts LEGEND Collection, Boston’s only Forbes Five-Star waterfront hotel welcomes guests arriving by land or sea. Located on the historic Rowes Wharf Harbor, the Boston Harbor Hotel’s inviting ambiance and unparalleled service provide the ideal home away from home for travelers. Luxurious accommodations with sweeping views of Boston’s cityscape or breathtaking waterfront, a contemporary spa and fitness center, world-class dining and a 34-slip marina make the Boston Harbor Hotel a destination Beyond compare.
MERITAGE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR
Meritage Restaurant & Wine Bar is Boston Harbor Hotel’s Forbes Four-Star fine dining restaurant which takes the unique approach of matching wine and food by offering small and large plates paired with specific wine characteristics. From world-class cuisine and one Boston’s finest wine cellars featuring many library selections, to warm hospitality and the urban sophistication of their dining room and private dining space overlooking Boston Harbor. Meritage, offering a unique and memorable dining experience Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday brunch.
They are seeking a skilled and committed hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of the food & beverage experience, and exceptional Beyond Compare service attitude for the position of Host/Hostess of Meritage Restaurant & Wine Bar at the Boston Harbor Hotel. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to grow as a food & beverage professional to be part of a team always pushing one another to raise the bar.
This is a full-time role, candidates must have flexible night and weekend availability to fulfill this role.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience in a Fine Dining Restaurant, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage experience preferred.
The primary responsibilities for the Host/Hostess at the Meritage Restaurant & Wine Bar include but are not limited to:
- Greet and seat the guests with a warm welcome.
- Maintain all necessary records (reservations, etc.), menus, and menu showcase.
- Answer Restaurant phone according to specifications.
- Maintain excellent personal hygiene and wear a perfect uniform at all times.
- Complete all tasks assigned by the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Managers.
- Handling Comments and Suggestions.
- Meet all guest request and expectations with a professional attitude.
- Ensure Forbes Standards are upheld during every guest interaction.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
- Require good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to lift up to 15lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage service.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. A second language is desirable.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.