Mastro’s Ocean Club in Boston is hiring an experienced Kitchen Manager and Sous Chef.
Ideal applicants believe that a restaurant can deliver the highest quality products and service possible while still maintaining profitability; work well within a structured environment; and thrive on the energy that comes along with a high-volume operation’s service.
Sous Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent communication with a positive attitude.
- Training and development of all back of house staff, scheduling, meeting or exceeding budgeted labor and other cost centers, as well as overseeing the inventory and ordering of food and supplies and sanitation
- Knowledge of inventory controls and food/labor cost.
- Willing to manage the kitchen with a “hands on” approach.
- At least 2 years of Sous Chef experience in a full-service, structured dining establishment.
- Strong knowledge of back of the house operations including foods, beverages, staff supervision, inventory, and food safety.
- True passion for food and hospitality.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required; Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Stable and progressive work history; Strong work ethic.
- Extensive and well-rounded training program
- Continued career development and growth opportunities
- Discount Dining and Retail Program
- Management Referral Bonus Program
- Medical, dental and vision, Health Savings Account, 401(k), paid vacation and more.