Mandarin Oriental Boston is looking for a Cook to join their team. This position is responsible for assisting the Sous Chef in the planning, preparation, and production of all food items for Bar Boulud. The candidate should be able to anticipate guests’ needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience.
- Must be able to carry out the production of all dishes according to the prescribed recipes and specifications and ensure that the portion size, quality, and presentation of the dishes conform to the MOHG standards
- Check and prepare the required mise-en-place
- Ensure the proper handling and storage of food so as to keep spoilage at a minimum
- Keep the kitchen area clean and hygienic
- Monitor refrigerators and kitchen equipment to ensure they are in working order
- Set up the kitchen pass before each service following Sous Chef and/or Chef de Cuisine requirements
- Perform any other reasonable duty’s as required by the kitchen management
- Complete daily cleaning schedule and record-keeping in accordance the MOHG Safe and Sound HACCP plan
- Follow HACCP training provided by the restaurant manager
- Be compliant with the MOHG safe and sound habits and routines
- Responsible for the working area to be cleaned and sanitized and the floor without debris
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-5 years’ experience in a hotel kitchen or similar role
- Prior food service/hospitality experience required
- Able to communicate written and spoken English
- Excellent overall communication skills
Equal Employer Opportunity statement:
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.