Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental, Boston
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Department: Management (Manager), Food & Beverage
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world. Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for quality management and legendary service hospitality.
This position is located at Mandarin Oriental Boston. Holding both the AAA Five Diamond and the Forbes Five-Star awards, Mandarin Oriental, Boston enjoys a coveted location in beautiful Back Bay. With a sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere, the hotel offers the perfect blend of luxury and style.
Overview of Position
The Food and Beverage Assistant Manager will assume operational responsibility for the Bar Boulud Restaurant, Bar and Lounge. The candidate should be able to anticipate guests’ and colleagues needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience.
The incumbent is responsible for directing the Restaurant, Bar and Lounge team in achieving the ultimate guest experience and to meet and exceed the food and beverage goals.
The Assistant Manager will oversee the operation when applicable.
This position reports directly to the Bar Boulud Restaurant Manager.
The primary responsibilities for the Assistant Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Prior Management Required preferably in a luxury setting.
- Show a strong belief in teamwork and positive attitude.
- Show integrity and respect.
- Always provide excellent service to all Their guests.
- Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything.
- Attend food and beverage training classes when requested.
- Willing to work holidays, weekends, AM and PM Shifts based on business needs.
- Professional appearance and demeanor at all time.
- Have excellent communication and organization skills.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Delighting Their Guests
- Provide leadership and support for all colleagues.
- Assists with training and evaluates schedules in accordance with the standards of the company’s policies and guidelines.
- Assists with side work schedules for all positions. Ensure compliance and follow through.
- Assists with keeping record and communicate of any exemplary or deficient service.
- Assists with administrative duties such as, but not limited to, scheduling, payroll and inventory.
- To manage, coach, and counsel colleagues, including disciplinary procedures.
- Manage day to day operations.
- Playing by the Rules
Complete daily cleaning schedule in accordance the Mandarin Oriental, Boston Safe and Sound HACCP plan.
Record HACCP documentation and pass it on the manager when completed.
Follow HACCP training provided by the restaurant manager.
Understand and follow the Mandarin Oriental, Boston safe and sound habits and routines.
Responsible for the working area to be cleaned and sanitized and the floor without debris.
Working with them means…
They are dedicated to delighting Their guests and to delighting Their colleagues. They are committed to becoming the best and they emphasize working together to achieve this goal. They support acting with responsibility.
Working with them means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with them means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programmes, they are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague expectations.
Become a Fan of MO! Click the links below to learn more about us!
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.